Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Me, Three, and History



It is on days like this that I am so grateful for the simple teachings of my grandmother, Lessie. Throughout my life I listened to her tell me that in God's eyes there is no color. She taught me to be colorblind and status blind when viewing people. It has served me well in this life.

Today I was able to share a marvelous day with my children and pass these same teachings to them. We now have a new President and I am happy to say that the only issue I have about his appointment is that we belong to different political parties. I, along with my children, will do all we can to support this man and will keep him in our prayers.

It was a glorious day to snuggle up with my kiddos on our couch and watch the inauguration of President Obama. It was wonderful for them to see history in the making and another testament that their really are no limits to what they can do in this life. His presidency will show that the barriers are down and, yes, it is possible! I am glad I had this day, and I am glad I shared it with my children. So, world, embrace the change and support this man!

No comments: