Monday, October 16, 2006

Rah Rah Ree! Kick 'Em In The Knee! Rah Rah Rass! Kick 'Em In The Other Knee!

Can you believe that I spent some great, fun, alone time with Li Li (really my 7 yr old daughter) on Friday night watching "The Making of a Dallas Cheerleader"? Who knew you could have so much fun watching such a wierd show? Li Li loved it! She was doing some of the dance steps and the kicks (she needs just a little more flexibility) and having the time of her life. She offered very insightful critiques of the rookies that were trying out for the squad/team. I never knew reality TV could be so fun. I bet most moms spend time teaching their kids something practical like baking cooks, how to sew, proper diction and poise.......Not me! I rock! My kid is going to know how to do the famous Cowgirl kick!

Now on to more serious things. We did spend the weekend doing some other things. The girls had an art lesson Saturday morning and their drawing is coming together. Now if I can just get them to sketch once a day as their teacher asks I might be in business. Ya Ya went to a birthday party and loved it. The party thrower was an older girl....she just turned 10! B.B. (my 11 yr old son) just sat around and sulked most of the weekend. He was bored. He wasn't having any fun! On and On and On. He hates my ideas of fun things to do when you are bored. I love to escape into a great book. He thinks books are evil. The idea of anyone opening one up for pleasure just freaks him out. He was grounded from his x-box so the whole world sucked as far as he was concerned. I would really like to have about 5 minutes alone with the inventor of the x-box. It would not be pretty. Couldn't he have just kept that little invention to himself? Why, oh why did he have to go and market the thing? I mean really, was the multi million dollar profit really worth putting all moms through this?

My mother went to visit my brother on Saturday. He is serving a 10 year sentence for manufacturing meth. He just found out that he has hepatitus C about 2 years ago. He just started a treatment of interferon a couple of weeks ago and he is so sick right now. He says he freezes all the time and he feels like he has the flu all the time. The guards are trying to help him out a little by allowing him to lay on his bed most of the day. They have a rule that you cannot be under the covers during the day so the guards have given him some coats to cover up with. He is hoping that the chemo will help slow down the disease if it doesn't kill him first. I think this has got to be horrible for my mom because there is nothing she can do to help him right now. He has to go through 48 weeks of this and she worries that he will not be strong enough to fight through it.

Well I am off to strip adhesive from concrete floors in the studio today. Sounds like a lot of fun, doesn't it...... I will keep you all posted on my progress.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

LiLi needs some pompoms now! I would give her mine, but I think Mom burned them years ago!