Friday, October 13, 2006

Working in a Crystal Mine

I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted anything. I'll just quickly say that putting together our studio and recruiting for classes has taken up almost all of my time!

Today I went with Li Li (my 9 yr old) to the Crystal Mines. It was a field trip for her class. Actually it was a field trip for the entire 3rd grade class. I know, I know, who would go on a trip with thousands (okay maybe a couple of hundred) kids to a crystal mine on Friday the 13th????? Me. Why? Because I am crazy!!

We did have fun. However, I wonder why I accompanied Li Li to this little trip to observe her digging for crystals and I ended up digging, carrying the crystals, and trying to talk her into digging? When did these kids get so smart? How do they know how to sucker us into these things? The best part was getting home from the mines and watching Li Li pour out her bag of crystals for everyone to see what "she" dug up and found! It's okay. I enjoyed the trip. We haven't had any alone time in quite a while. We listened to her music on the way back and had loads of fun.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's funny! She knows how to work you! (And I thought LiLi was seven and YaYa was nine?)

mimisuu said...

Once again you are correct. It was Ya Ya and not Li Li that I went on the field trip with. Am I supposed to remember every kid's name? I don't have that much brain power....