Thursday, July 31, 2008

Don't Forget!

Yesterday BB had a swim party that he was excited about going to. It was a combined youth activity at a home about 10 minutes from us. He was so excited about going that he got a little OCD about it.

He got up yesterday morning and reminded me that he had a party tonight. I told him that I remembered. He got ready to go swimming with the family in the morning and reminded me that he had a swim party to go to tonight. I reminded him that I already knew about the party and that we would get him there for it. We got in the car on the way to the neighborhood pool and he reminded me again. Feeling a little exasperated with all the reminders, I told him a little crankily that I knew he had a party and I would really appreciate him not reminding me about it anymore since it was only 10:00 am and the party was that evening.

We swam for a couple of hours in the intense heat! At 1:00 we finally had to admit defeat to the high temperatures and go home to the air conditioning.

BB comes to me and reminds me about his party that night. I assure him that it is only 2:00 and he will be going.

BB comes to me and reminds me that the party starts at 7:00 pm. I tell him that we will get him there on time as it is only 2:05 pm.

BB comes to me and asks if I know where the pool is. I assure him that I know where the pool is and it only takes about 10 minutes to get there. I, again, assure him that we have plenty of time since it is only 2:10 pm.

BB sends YaYa to let me know that he wants her to let him know when it is 6:30 pm so he will not miss his party. I assure her that she has plenty of time and that we will get BB to his party since it is only 2:15 pm.

My entire afternoon was spent reassuring BB that he was going to get to go to this party! Do you think he was excited about it?

Guess what? BB got to go to his party and he was there on time!

No comments: