Saturday, September 27, 2008

Why do it myself when I can just get a boy to do it?

Yesterday before school, Ya Ya and I were talking and the strangest things came up. I asked her to turn in a PTA form to the school secretary for me and she said "Okay, I'll get one of the boys to do it." I was a little confused. She passes the secretary every morning on her way to classes. Why can't she just hand it to her? I questioned her on this and her response was, " Well, whenever I want something done I just ask a boy to do it and they do it for me. It's great! I can even get the ugly boys to do it too."
This concept is just a little foreign to me. I did not grow up in a family of flirts. None of us flirted. We were all very serious, goal oriented, "I can do it myself" type of people. It would never have occurred to me to ask a boy to do something. When I was in High School I was placed in an experimental co-ed PE class. There were only 4 girls in the class. I competed with them and beat them in various games. I doubt they would have done anything for me if I had asked them to.
LiLi then piped up saying "I don't ask boys to do anything. If I want them to do something for me I pay them with 4th grade bucks." Now that is something I can relate to.
I think I am in big trouble. YaYa is not old enough to be flirting is she? The teen years just might do me in!

No comments: