Thursday, December 10, 2009

Organic.....Is It Worth It?


You would think with a title like this I would be talking about nice green, clean veggies and fruits......Guess again!

Yesterday my trusty Sherman the Tank (non eco-friendly big white Suburban because that is the biggest vehicle to fit all my family without driving a charter bus) needed a little oil added to his motor.  There is a gas station right up the street from my house, so I go there to buy a quart of oil that is completely overpriced ( a whole other story).  While I am standing in line, the girl in front of me is buying a pack or "organic" cigarettes!  Yes, you heard me!  Now, call me crazy, but isn't it kind of silly to be worried about your tobacco leaves being organic when you are about to assault your body with deadly smoke, nicotine, tar, etc.  Get my picture?  So, after the young lady leaves I ask the store clerk if I'm going crazy or if this girl just bought a pack of "organic" cigarettes.  The clerk laughed right along with me.  She was a smoker and even she got that a cigarette is a deadly stick and it probably makes little difference if the tobacco leaves are sprayed with a pesticide or not.  Maybe the "organic" cigarettes won't shorten your life span as quickly as the "non-organic".  Perhaps you can gain an extra 45 minutes by making this choice.  I wonder how much more expensive these are?????
So, to all you healthy smokers out there I ask, Organic...Is it worth it?

No comments: