Sunday, August 31, 2008

I Can Sell That!

My little LiLi is always thinking. (What am I going to do if she wants to be a philosophy major one day?) She ponders life's little secrets, ways to help others, ways to get back at others, and ways to increase her money stash.

She was discussing one of her entrepreneurial ideas today. Her economics teacher (isn't it great that her school teaches economics in elementary school?) recently went to Beijing to see her son swim the Butterfly in the Olympics for Team USA. (Gil Stovall;did not medal) She came back from China with all kinds of goodies that she used to teach her classes about Chinese culture. LiLi brought home a set of chopsticks and talked about the eating customs of the Chinese.

She was most interested in the silk that Mrs. Stovall brought back. She loved the feel of it and loved that it was created by silkworms. She went on to explain how expensive it was because you have to import it from China. I think her words were "It costs so much because we have to trade things to China to get the silk". She wanted me to find her a pair of "fake" silk pajamas to wear since it was so soft. She then wanted me to get her some silk worms so she could start making her own silk. She wondered where we would be able to put that "machine thingy that turns it into silk fabric". She then goes on to explain how she can charge so much money for plain silk, and could get even more for colored silk!

You go girl! I love her enthusiasm about everything. She is like a little sponge taking in everything she hears, putting her own spin on it after she ponders it a while, and spouting out her views about it.

I can't wait to see her as an adult...she's gonna be quite the woman!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I think that is super cool! She is something else...I just like better when she is thinking of good things instead of "vengeful" things! You are right she is gonna make one heck of an adult.